Your backyard trees require consistent consideration and thoughtfulness to stay in good health. On the off chance that an infected tree is permitted to spread, it compromises the well-being of your home and the strength of contiguous trees, shrubbery, and bushes.
Nonetheless, determining a tree’s overall health might be challenging for an inexperienced eye. Fortunately, there’s a simple method to ensure your trees grow healthily: get a Tree Risk Assessment (TRA) from a reputable tree pruning and removal service in Gig Harbor, Port Orchard, Tacoma, WA.
What is Tree Care Service Assessment?
An expert consultation service called a Tree Risk Assessment (TRA) looks at any risks, hazards, or possible issues with your trees. A TRA from a reputable tree pruning and removal service in Gig Harbor, Port Orchard, Tacoma, WA, is necessary to make sure your trees don’t endanger the safety of nearby residents or property.
Trees can harm structures, down electrical cables, and thwart traffic. Subsequently, deciding if a tree has become unsafe is critical, especially after a climate occasion, yet in addition overall.
What is the process of tree risk assessment?
- Gather information on tree species, location, and history.
A capable arborist will gather information on the tree’s species, area, and history to dissect its characteristics, including age, species, condition, and any likely dangers.
- Study the condition of the tree.
A specialist will likewise inspect the bark, leaves, branches, and roots to dive more deeply into the age, well-being, and any damage done to the tree.
- Look for signs of damage and death.
Because it indicates how high the danger assessment of that tree needs to be, the arborist pays close attention to this particular factor. Dead or broken branches, split or cracked bark, and discolored foliage are “At Risk” indications.
- Inspect for infestation and diseases.
To better assess the hazards to a tree and formulate solutions, a specialist searches for any fungal infections or pest infestations during the TRA.
- Use their experience to determine the risk factor.
After the examination, they calculate the tree’s “at risk” percentage based on their cumulative experience. They consider the tree’s location and state and any outside influences, like nearby structures, electrical lines, and other vegetation. Reputable businesses like Archon Tree use top experts to compile Certified Arborist Reports and Letters, which provide details about the state and health of your trees.
Five Signs It’s Time to Schedule a Tree Care Service Assessment
- Discoloration or sick-looking trees: There’s a significant probability anything is wrong with your tree if you’ve noticed that its leaves and branches appear wavy, sickly, or discolored. It can be something more serious, like fungal illnesses and root rot, or something as simple as requiring deep root fertilization.
Some signs of nutrient deficiency in trees are:
- Leaf drop
- Malformed leaves
- Chlorosis or yellowing in leaves
- Withering new growth
- Weather damage: Another indication that your tree can benefit from a Tree Risk Assessment with an expert like Archon Tree is weather damage. Here are a few typical instances of specific disasters:
- Earthquake Damage
- Flood Damage
- Fire accidents
- Lightening strikes
- Other natural calamities(cyclone, tornado, etc)
Suppose your tree has witnessed any such weather-related injuries. In that case, you should call a certified tree removal and pruning service in Port Orchard, Gig Harbor, Tacoma, WA, to ensure all risks and hazards are properly assessed.
- Your Tree has a Pest Infestation or Fungal Infection:
If your tree has been battling a fungal infection, it will not only affect the quality of your tree but also the surrounding property. Here are some kinds of fungal diseases that could be affecting your tree:
- Oak Root Fungus
- Artist’s Conk
- Dyer’s Polypore
Like fungal infections, insect infestations indicate that your tree might be in shoddy health. It can weaken your tree over time and cause limb strength and root system issues.
Here are some signs that your tree might have an underlying pest infestation:
- The presence of large populations of insects occupying the bark
- Discoloration of bark
- A consistent pattern of small holes in the surface of your tree
If you suspect your tree is experiencing fungal growth or pest infestation, it’s best to consult a tree removal and pruning service in Tacoma, WA Gig Harbor, Port Orchard and schedule a TRA.
- Weak or fallen branches: With time, your trees will face weak or falling branches. It could go either of the two ways, from it being a natural occurrence to being a serious hazard to your landscape and family.
For fallen branches that are usually too heavy to remove yourself safely, you need to hire a tree removal and pruning service in Gig Harbor, Port Orchard, Tacoma, WA, to assess the situation and save you from potential expenses later.
- It’s been more than a year since your past TRA: Tree Risk Assessments by a professional and certified tree removal and pruning service in Gig Harbor, Port Orchard, Tacoma, WA, are recommended once a year or after any major weather event for the best level of risk management. It helps in early risk detection and management of potential risks and promotes the overall health and safety of the surrounding environment.
Even if your tree appears pretty and healthy on the outside, you still need to contact an expert arborist like Archon Tree.
If you need a single tree diagnosed or your entire property inventoried, Archon Tree can help. We’re the best tree removal and pruning service in Gig Harbor, Port Orchard, Tacoma, and Washington.
Our Level 1 inspection primarily focuses on identifying immediate hazards and providing guidance on appropriate risk mitigation. Brian Allen, our ISA Tree Risk Assessor, performs TRAs using the best practices of the International Society of Arboriculture (ISA). He performs a 360-degree inspection to evaluate the site, targets, root zone, trunk, and canopy.
After assessment, we prepare certified Arborist Reports and Letters that contain the root cause of the problem and actions that could be taken to alleviate the issue. Our customers can also use this letter to apply for permits, HOA approvals, or simply to have a record of the steps and precautions they have taken to secure their tree’s health. Contact our team today for expert tree services in Gig Harbor, Port Orchard, Tacoma, WA, and nearby areas!